Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday February 10, 2015


Blog Post of the Day:



Think about the quote above. What does this mean to you? How could this apply to your life? How could this apply to your school work? I would love to give you less work in class if it meant you were going to focus harder on the work. Do you think you would get more out of it? Would that work for you? Why or why not?

I think that the above quote addresses the question of quality versus quantity; that one centers his/ her full and undivided attention upon a task as opposed to attempting to multitask. In my life this can apply in many ways: whilst driving, doing homework, relaxing, and even interacting with friends and the people around me. This could be applied easily in an academic context because if I was constantly fully focused I would be working at maximum efficiency and would complete all of my work to an incredibly high standard. I think that doing less work while simultaneously remaining completely focused would doubtlessly be more beneficial; however, this requires the student to take personal accountability because the level of focus is not a quantifiable thing that can be graded so the teacher must become more trusting of the student. At the same time, the student's burden is the same because their ownness falls to the student to be working with total focus. I dont think that it is a feasible model; although it is a good idea, in practice it is unlikely to work as the student's level of committment is unlikely to match the expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment