Monday, January 26, 2015

The Russia-Ukraine Conflict

Once you have selected an issue, create a new blog post and answer the following questions:

Without doing any research, what background do you currently have on this issue?
What do you want to know about this issue?
Why did you choose this issue? Had it effected your life? Is it something you are passionate about? Explain.

I currently know little about the Russia Ukraine conflict other than what has been aired on the major news outlets. These have all been the major things only and I am interested to learn more about the topic. I have also heard about how soccer players in the Ukranian League have been affected so I am interested to learn more about that as well.

I would like to learn more about what has happened throughout the last year between the two countries and how other nations internationally have intervened. Additionally I would like to learn some of the history between the two countries and possible links and tensions between the two countries.

In the past I have heard about this issue and I am concerned about how it will affect the future of the world in general. The conflict between the Russian and Ukranian forces could potentially spark a massive war should the advances of Putin continue unfettered and alliances begin to become threatened. It is also something that could affect the relations of the United States globally throughout the coming years. Additionally, I believe that at least one foreign professional soccer player has been killed whilst in Ukraine plying his trade so I would love to learn how it has affected the typical citizens and everyday life throughout Ukraine.


http://www.abc.net.au/news/linkableblob/5297962/data/ukraine-eu-russia-map-data.png

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/5312480beab8ea9733f0786d/image.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment